Monday, May 2, 2011

Is it time to go back to the nature?

After making soap for so long, I get so caught up with the colors and of course the fragrance, it's like I've been dumped into Alice wonderland, there are so much to see and do and oh, endless possibilities.  Until one day... I looked back and realized maybe I need to take a step (or 2 or 3) back and get reconnected with the basics, the very bottom foundation of cold process soap making.  This is time for me to walk backwards, in order to prepare myself to move forward again.
Tonight, I started my road 'Back to the Future' so to speak, no more fancy micas, no more new and different fragrances to try out, well, at least for now.  I mentally locked all my "toys" in the closet and started looking for what nature has to offer.  I did my first batch, used only natural EO and herbal powder for colorants, will reveal soon. 

1 comment:

  1. I think you are on to something here, going back to the basics. Natural soaps do have their own beauty, even the most simplistic of them.

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis